Analyst / Senior Analyst, Life Science Strategy
About The Role
LifeSci Consulting is seeking Analysts and Senior Analysts to join our growing biopharmaceutical strategy consulting and transaction advisory team. You will interact and work collaboratively with internal leadership and executive-level clients to address a wide variety of business development, corporate development, transaction advisory, and business strategy initiatives for biopharmaceutical companies. Our culture is one of collaboration, autonomy, communication, community, fun, recognition, and results.
LifeSci Consulting is a leading life sciences strategy consulting and transaction advisory firm. The firm leverages deep scientific acumen and industry experience to assess commercial potential and positioning for companies, products, and portfolios, as well as develop commercial and market access strategies. Our transaction advisory practice focuses on securing non-dilutive capital and assets for clients through buy-side and sell-side strategic partnering transactions.
- Learn and develop a strong foundation on market trends and associated nuances within the biopharmaceutical industry
- Create and prepare materials to synthesize project findings and deliver project objectives (e.g., Excel-based models, PowerPoint presentations, white papers, memos)
- Support management and leadership in buy-side and sell-side transaction advisory efforts
- Execute and develop primary and secondary market research materials to develop project-specific insights
- Generate Excel-based commercial forecast and asset valuation models to address client financing initiatives, corporate strategy decision-making, and business development and licensing (BD&L) transactions
- Support management and leadership in developing strategic recommendations and business development opportunities
- BA/BS/MSc degree with a proven track record of academic excellence (life science major preferred but not required)
- Experience in the biopharmaceutical industry (e.g., corporate internship, consulting internship, investment banking internship, and/or clinical research) preferred but not required
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to think critically and creatively on engagements, and an interest in BD&L / transaction advisory